St. Francis Xavier is a Catholic grade school located in a suburb of La Grange, approximately 15 miles west of Chicago, IL.. We serve families from over ten other surrounding communities and continue to welcome students who might otherwise attend our well-regarded public schools or who have been displaced from neighboring Catholic schools forced to close. Our local community places a high value on academic achievement, which is reflected in the annual reports for surrounding public and Catholic schools. Families continue, however, to make the choice to send their children to Saint Francis Xavier School.
- Preschool 3 is a three day a week program with morning and afternoon sessions.
- Preschool 4 is a five day a week program with morning and afternoon sessions.
- Kindergarten offers both half day and full day sessions.
- Grades 1-8 offering academic excellence firmly rooted in our Catholic faith.
St. Francis Xavier School draws families from many suburbs in, around, and including the city of Chicago. Currently, we enroll close to 600 students.
- Students attend mass on a regular basis.
- Students plan and prepare grade level prayer services.
- Religion is taught on a daily basis.
- St. Francis Xavier’s curriculum meets the requirements of the State of Illinois and the Archdiocese of Chicago’s Office of Catholic schools. While our Catholic identity is a presence throughout our courses, our curriculum is comprehensive.
- St. Francis Xavier School offers an integrated arts program which includes music, art, physical education, and Spanish programs.
- Our technology specialist works with individual and grade level teachers ensuring technology is interwoven into each and every lesson.
- Our award-winning Service Program is unique to St. Francis Xavier School. Each grade level has a specific, dedicated theme which involves three components: education; reflection; and action.
- St. Francis Xavier Parish runs an in-house Food Pantry and BEDS program at which our students frequently volunteer.
- Our 8th graders spend their academic year in Religion focusing upon a Service theme of their choice developing, writing, and presenting the impact this theme has had on them.
Our 2 Campuses
- School Chapels
- Dedicated Resource Rooms
- State of the art Science Lab
- Art & Music Rooms
- Gymnasium with Stage
- Lunch room / gathering space
- Mobile laptop computer labs
- Preschool 4 – Grade 1 use interactive whiteboards; Grades 2-3 are 2:1 with iPads; Grades 4-8 are 1:1 with Chromebooks
- Ceiling mounted overhead projectors
- Smart boards and document cameras
No-Cut Athletic Program for Grades 5-8
- Boys’ and girls’ cross country
- Boys’ and girls’ track and field
- Boys’ and girls’ basketball
- Boys’ and girls’ volleyball
- Boys’ football
- Girls’ cheerleading