We are located in a suburb approximately 15 miles west of Chicago, IL, with an estimated population of 15,500. Serving families from LaGrange and ten other surrounding communities, we continue to welcome students who might otherwise attend our well-regarded public schools or who have been displaced from neighboring Catholic schools forced to close. The local community places a high value on academic achievement, which is reflected in the annual reports for surrounding public and Catholic schools. Families continue, however, to make the choice to send their children here to Saint Francis Xavier School.
Who We Are
- Preschool 3 is a three day a week program with morning and afternoon sessions.
- Preschool 4 is a five day a week program with morning and afternoon sessions.
- Kindergarten offers both half day and full day sessions.
- Grades 2 through 8 run on full day schedules with 3 class rooms per grade (sole exception is 5th grade with 2 class rooms) and average 19 students per class room.
- St. Francis Xavier School draws families from many suburbs in, around, and including the city of Chicago. Currently, we enroll close to 600 students.
- Students attend mass on a regular basis.
- Students plan and prepare grade level prayer services.
- Religion is taught on a daily basis.
- St. Francis Xavier’s curriculum meets the requirements of the State of Illinois and the Archdiocese of Chicago’s Office of Catholic schools. While our Catholic identity is a presence throughout our courses, our curriculum is comprehensive.
- St. Francis Xavier School offers an integrated arts program which includes music, art, physical education, and Spanish programs.
- Our technology specialist works with individual and grade level teachers ensuring technology is interwoven into each and every lesson.
- Our award-winning Service Program is unique to St. Francis Xavier School. Each grade level has a specific, dedicated theme which involves three components: education; reflection; and action.
- St. Francis Xavier Parish runs an in-house Food Pantry and BEDS program at which our students frequently volunteer.
- Our 8th graders spend their academic year in Religion focusing upon a Service theme of their choice developing, writing, and presenting the impact this theme has had on them.
Our 2 Campuses
- School Chapels
- Dedicated Resource Rooms
- State of the art Science Lab
- Art & Music Rooms
- Gymnasium with Stage
- Lunch room / gathering space
- Mobile laptop computer labs
- Stationary classroom computers with internet access
- Ceiling mounted overhead projectors
- Smart boards and document cameras
No-Cut Athletic Program for Grades 5-8
- Boys’ and girls’ cross country
- Boys’ and girls’ track and field
- Boys’ and girls’ basketball
- Boys’ and girls’ volleyball
- Boys’ football
- Girls’ cheerleading